HP LaserJet 8100 8150 Reset the maintenance count
Reset the maintenance count.
If the display panel on your HP laserjet reads "perform printer maintenance", "perform user maintenance", or anything along those lines it means your printer needs a preventative maintenance kit. Once you have installed the maintenance kit the message will only go away if you reset the maintenance count.
.Reset the maintenance count on an HP Laserjet 8000, 8100, and 8150
The Service Manual indicates you need go into the Configuration Menu and set the SERVICE MESSAGE equal to OFF to clear the PERFORM PRINTER MAINTENANCE message. We have found that this does not always work (probably due to different formatter revisions). We recommend the following procedure to manually set the maintenance count to zero.
After installing a maintenance kit, reset the maintenance count to zero by:
1. Enter service mode as described on our Entering Service Mode page.
2. Go to the MAINTCOUNT screen and press + or - to scroll the number to zero (all zeros).
3. Press the Select button to enter the settings into the printers memory (an asterisk will appear next to the zeros).
4. Exit service mode by pressing the GO button.
NOTE: Do not change the MAINTENANCE INTERVAL value, which is another option in service mode. This value is the interval at which a maintenance kit should be installed (350,000 pages on Laserjet 8000, 8100, or 8150 series).
Other Steps in HP LaserJet 8100, 8150
- HP LaserJet 8100 8150 fuser installation instructions
- HP LaserJet 8100 8150 transfer roller installation instructions
- HP LaserJet 8100 8150 Cassette rollers installation instructions
- HP LaserJet 8100 8150 Tray 1 pickup roller and separation pad installation instructions
- HP LaserJet 8100 8150 Reset the maintenance count